Terms & Conditions
“Agreement” means an agreement for the sale, installation and support of computer software and hardware consisting of these terms and conditions and the Schedules.
“Conditions” are the standard terms and conditions of sale set out in this document.
“Goods” are the goods (including any instalment of the goods or any parts for them) which the Company is to supply in accordance with these Conditions.
“The Company”, “us”, “we” or “Compute One” refers to Future ePOS and solutions Ltd. Our company registration number is 10662696. Our registered office Beckshaw House Law Street Cleckheaton BD19 3QR.
“Customer” means the person who accepts a quotation of the Company for the sale of the Goods or whose order for the Goods is accepted by the Company.
“You” refers to any user or viewer of the website ‘computeone.uk’.
Usage of Website
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The information on the Compute One website such as descriptions, specifications, prices and general content is for information and sales purposes only. Compute One endeavours to ensure that this information is accurate and up to date, however makes no warranty or representation, implied or explicit, by either Compute One, its employees or officers with the regard to its accuracy or completeness.
No responsibility or liability is accepted or offered for misstatements, omissions or errors and no reliance should be placed on the information contained on the our website. The information does not constitute an invitation to sell or purchase and any financial information is not offered as financial advice. Compute One disclaims liability for any losses caused, arising from reliance on the information.All sales are bound by these Terms and Conditions, and Compute One asks that the customer reads the full Terms and Conditions of sale before raising a complaint. Please note that whilst your statutory rights are not affected, this is a Business to Business transaction and is not bound by Consumer law (such as the Consumer Rights Act 2015).
ePOS System Delivery
Customers are required to check the products when they are delivered. Remove outer packaging, check there is not significant damage to the products and powered products such as EPOS terminals load up and function correctly. We are unable to accept returns of broken/damaged items where the customer has marked the good as checked and then subsequently makes a return based on damage. In the rare event of obvious damage to the packaging/products, please refuse delivery.
The delivery time shall not be the essence of the contract. Whilst Compute One shall use reasonable commercial endeavour to deliver the goods by the date specified on the customer’s order, it shall not be liable for the delay in delivery from any cause whatsoever and howsoever arising. Should expedited deliveries be required, then additional costs if applicable must be borne by the Customer unless otherwise agreed in writing by an authorised employee of Compute One.
ePOS System Warranty
You are covered by a 1 year ‘reverse it’ warranty for as long as there is a valid support contract in place that has been signed by the customer.
This warranty only covers the hardware of the product.
ePOS System exclusions from this Warranty
Compute One does not warrant uninterrupted or error free operation of this ePos system.
The warranty only covers technical hardware issues during the warranty period and under normal use conditions. The warranty does not apply to software issues and customer induced damages or circumstances, such as but not limited to:
- The product has been tampered with, repaired and/or modified by non-authorised personnel;
- The warranty seals have been broken or altered;
- Damage (accidental or other) to the product that is cosmetic, meaning damage that does not impact the operation and functioning of the product, such as without limitation to rust, change in colour, texture or finish, wear and tear, gradual deterioration;
- Damage to the product caused by war, terrorism, fire, accident, natural disasters, intentional or accidental misuse, abuse, neglect or improper maintenance, use under abnormal conditions, accidental drops, spills, or power surges:
- Damage to the solution caused by improper installation, connection or malfunction of a peripheral device such as a printer, optical drive, network card, or USB devices:
- Damage to the product caused by an external electrical fault or any accident
- Fraud, theft unexplained disappearance or wilful acts:
ePOS System Out-of-Warranty
Returning the product to Compute one for repair, during the Warranty period does not automatically mean that it will be repaired free of charge. Upon receiving your product, Compute One reserves the right to check the validity of your warranty, whether a support contract is in place and your request for warranty service. If the warranty period has lapsed, or any exclusions in the exclusions section, your request will be deemed out of warranty.
If your request is out of warranty, a service charge list with the cost of repair may be provided to you, which you may accept or reject. If you accept then a invoice will be provided and will need to be paid before the work will be completed.
ePOS system defective equipment
In the unlikely event the goods received are faulty upon arrival; we will offer a replacement or repair at our cost. In the event of a faulty item, a member of Compute One’s technical support team will arrange collection. In the event of a return, refunds, credit notes and exchanges can only be made to the card, account or business/person that made the order originally. All items must be returned to Compute One before a replacement can be issued.
The Customer shall carry out regular back-ups to removable media stored separately from the supported items and carry out other normal system housekeeping routines. Compute One shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained or incurred by the Customer or any third party through loss or spoiling of data resulting from any maintenance activity by Compute One required or performed under this Agreement. Compute One will use reasonable endeavors to put right any such loss of data or programs, but reserves the right to charge for such.
The Customer remains totally responsible to have adequate virus protection to all parts of the system.
Keep the original packaging. In case the product needs to be returned for repair, original packaging may provide a better protection for the product during transportation.
Any additional software which is downloaded by the customer, which is not preinstalled on your system, is done at the customers own risk. Any fault arising after this will not be covered by warranty
ePOS System Terms of Sale
The Company shall sell and the Customer shall purchase the Goods in accordance with any written quotation of Compute One which is accepted by the Customer, or any written order of the Customer which is accepted by Compute One, subject in either case to these Conditions, which shall govern the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions subject to which any such quotation is accepted or purported to be accepted, or any such order is made or purported to be made, by the Customer.
No variation to these Conditions shall be binding unless previously agreed in writing between the authorized representatives of each of the Customer and Compute One.
Any advice or recommendation given by Compute One or its employees or agents to the Customer or its employees or agents as to the storage, application or use of the Goods which is not confirmed in writing by Compute One is followed or acted upon entirely at the Customer’s own risk, and accordingly Compute One shall not be liable for any such advice or recommendation which is not so confirmed.
Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by Compute One shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of Compute One. We must be notified within 7 days of items missing from an order, after this time it shall be at the customers expense to purchase these items again. We do not offer any kind of compensation or reimbursement for loss of sales or business from manufacture, misuse or error from our software or equipment nor do we offer re-numeration for time taken to set up the equipment or repair. It is also the customers responsibility to ensure a reliable internet connection is present to take advantage of the online features and benefits. We reserve the right to prevent access to our software and hardware in the event that any amount of money remains unpaid for more than 7 working days and all attempts to contact the customer and resolve this have been unsuccessful. We cannot guarantee the availability or reliability of any third party software or features.
ePOS System returns of equipment
Any accessories goods from our store that have not been opened, modified or software activated/personalized can be returned within 7 days at the cost of Compute One
EPOS systems and software sales are excluded from the standard returns policy due to the considerable costs in configuration, personalization, training and dispatch.
Each EPOS system and tablet is subject to a £200 programming and £150 licensing fee which is non-refundable.
The customer must also give us reasonable time and access to the system to diagnose and remedy any complaints; training needs or malfunctions before a return can be processed. We can only accept a return on equipment if the system is deemed ‘not fit for purpose’ and agreed by both parties. Due to the considerable costs and preparation work that is processed before a system is dispatched. We cannot process a return based on the following:
- Customer or staff training needs, not understanding or using the system properly
- Customer not properly researching or qualifying the purchase
- Functions that are not present or work differently than other products available in the market
- Compatibility with third party items/systems
- EPOS systems that has been dispatched, configured, personalised and delivered
- Customer shutting down the business / product surplus to requirements after delivery
- Orders that contain bespoke or custom equipment
- Operational problems that arise from a customer’s internet connection or other environment problems that are out of our control
We must diagnose the return request this by this following process.
1) Understand why the customer feels the product is ‘unfit for purpose’ attempt to reasonably resolve any issues when highlighted by the customer via remote desktop.
2) Once the issue is identified we must be given reasonable time to resolve the issue and assistance to do so.
Monies paid to third parties for any modifications made to the software at the customer’s request shall also not be refunded.
The customer is responsible for the expense ofdelivery of the goods to Compute One, and only after the goods have been checked by an engineer of Compute One, will any payment be agreed upon and released. The goods must be received in original packaging as the goods were originally dispatched, otherwise a return cannot be processed.
If you decide to return the item(s), we require it to be returned to us in the original packaging, with all boxes, leads, discs, adaptors and manuals.
We will not accept returned items in the following cases.
- You have accidentally damaged the item after delivery
- Misused the item and damaged it
- Tried to open or tamper with the unit in some way
- You no longer require the equipment and you have personalised it
- If the item is sold as faulty via our auctions/clearance
- The item is part of a custom or large order
- Item is not returned in its original packaging
- You have not paid the £100 software activation fee
- The goods are not in ‘as new’ condition.
Any equipment damaged may be charged at full cost.
Refunds may only be made after all endeavours have been made by Compute One to resolve the issue.
In the event of a return, refunds, credit notes and exchanges can only be made to the card account or business/person that made the order originally, these will be processed within 28 days of return.
For any payments made through a finance company, we would only be able to refund any amounts due via their instruction in writing.
Any amounts paid for onsite installations, product imports, support payments, postage, module integrations and repair and labour cost and non-refundable.
ePOS System Collections
Any collection, of any goods made by Compute One designated courier service from the customer, is deemed to still be the customer’s responsibility in transit to Compute One. It is recommended that either the original packaging is used or the goods are securely packaged when being returned to Compute One. As any damage made will be charged accordingly to the customer.
Any collection made outside of a UK address may occur additional cost payable by the customer.
ePOS System Installation and Setup
When a customer purchases a product from Compute One they understand that the price of the product includes the product itself and delivery. Compute One is happy to but not legally bound to provide remote technical support for 30 days following delivery, unless the customer has subscribed to the Compute One support package. If anything is missing from the order this must be reported within 7 days of receiving the order and a new item will be sent at our expense. If any missing items are reported after 7 days of receiving the order then Compute One shall not send one free of charge, but a new item must be purchased. Any item that does not meet non-specified requirements (cash draw slot count, dimensions etc.) can be replaced with one of the new specified requirements at your expense; this will include collection and delivery fees along with the potential of the increased cost of the new item.
In the case of Epos systems, Compute One will setup the system for the customer to a basic configuration and then ship the system to the client.
This setup does not include,
- Entering products
- Entering prices
- Setting up advanced configurations or integration
- Importing products
- On-site support
- Out of hours support
- All of the above services are available at an additional cost.
ePOS System Training and Support
Full training is provided on the ePOS One software and is limited to 3 hours (to prevent abuse) and to one member of staff/contact per system unless agreed beforehand. Free support is given during the first 30 days after delivery unless signed up to the complete Compute One support package, where training will be provided when needed.